Wednesday 21 August 2013

Thoughts on Instagram: Follback. Really?!

I can't stand it anymore I'm just gonna say it. I don't know why did I get so pissed about this I JUST DO, OK?!

I just don't understand why do people ask to follow them back on instagram? It's INSTAGRAM for God's sake. Not the freaking Facebook. To me, this apps was made for us who enjoyed photography or being passionate about it and they are free to express their creativity and transform it into a form of photos. I don't know about you guys, but I want to follow who I want to follow. Is that so hard to digest? I mean, why would you ask someone to follow you back? You want me to stalk you? To like your photos? Or is it because you feel awesome with the number of followers you have? It just baffles me sometimes. It just doesn't make any sense! I mean, I'm totally fine if someone said to add them on facebook or to follow them on twitter or even Path because it is after all, a social network. To get you to connect with people and friends and whatnot. 

I know, you guys would probably told me, "so don't follow them, what's the big deal?" You know, that's the thing! Idk why I felt like I'm a cold-hearted bitch just because I don't follow them back. Does that makes me a bitch?! Beause I really don't give a shit about who follows or unfollows me. It's totally their problem, not mine. If you like my photos then follow me, if not, then feel free to unfollow me. Even if we're friends. I'm cool with it. We're cool. No grudges here, Gosh, it's a free world we lived in. I hate it that I'm always being the bad guy. Apparently, not all people thinks like I do. 

The thing is, I love photography. so, I'll only be following those whose photos meet my interest. Note this, I AM NOT saying that your photos are not great. Like I said, it is a free world. You are free to post whatever you want. And most of my friends just like to post the pieces of their daily life. I have no problem with that. I just follow, who I want to follow. And does this mean our friendship is over if I don't follow you back? Come on, there's plenty of social network out there. I just don't think that Instagram is a place for connecting with friends. I mean, I did follow some of my friends. But That's not even the point. I just can not fathom why would people ask to follow them back in the first place???

No comments:

Post a Comment