Thursday 1 August 2013

Angelfall Sneak Peek

As I've mentioned earlier, every page in this book is just magnificent. There were so many witty conversation between Penryn and Raffe. I'll try to not giving away too much, though I want to so badly =p

I've got my Angelfall book with me right now. Shall we begin?



P 27
"If you help me find my sister, you can have these back. I saved them for you"
"Thanks", he croaks, surveying the wings. "They'll look great on my wall."

P 36
"Where did they take my sister?"
The briefest emotion flickers in his eyes, gone so fast that I can't identify it. "How the hell should I know?"
"Because you're one of the stinking bastards."
"Ooh. you cut me to the bone with that one." He sounds bored, and I'm almost embarrassed by my lack of stronger insult. "Didn't you notice I wasn't exactly chummy with the other fellas?"

P 54
"Rah-fie," I repeat slowly. "I like the sound of that."
I clear my throat to break the tension. "Raffe sounds like Raw Feet. Coincidence?" That gets a smile out of him. When he smiles, he really does look like someone you'd want to get to know. Some otherworldly handsome guy a girl could dream about.


And this is my most favorite lines

P 56
"If I was good at marketing I'd spin you an empty story that sounds profound. But the truth is that we're all just stumbling around in the dark. Sometimes we hit something terrible."
.
.
.
My hands stays out with the offering food long enough to make it awkward. "Don't you want it?" I ask.
"That depends on why you're giving it to me."
I shrug. "Sometimes, as we're stumbling along in the dark, we hit something good."

And this one is one of my favorite scene. This moment was just. Oh. *excuse me while I dance around for 5 mins* feel free to skip it if you don't want me to spoil youuuuu

“I’m coming.” I call out but only a croaked whisper comes out of my mouth. I try to swim toward her but my muscles are so cold that all I can do is flail. Flail and shiver in the path of my mother’s boat. 
“Hush. Shhh.” 
A soothing voice whispers in my ear. I feel the sofa cushions being pulled out from against my back. Then warmth envelopes me. Firm muscles embrace me from the space where the cushions used to be. I’m groggily aware of masculine arms wrapping themselves around me, their skin soft as a feather, their muscles steel velvet. Chasing away the ice in my veins and the nightmare “Shhh.”
A husky whisper in my ear. 
I relax into the cocoon of warmth and let the sound of the rain on the roof lull me back to sleep. 



I hope this little sneak peek I gave would encourage you to read it! Trust me, you won't regret it! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment