Friday 8 April 2011

SHIT Happens for a Reason

Had. A. SHITTY. Day. OMG how could this happen to me?! T.T 

On my previous post, I did mention about Liberal Arts. Well, it's kind of related with what I just went through today. 

So here's the situation, I've planned to attend a fashion workshop by Elle magazine at my univ today on April 8th. And there's this styling contest that I wanted to participate SOOOOO BADLY. You're free to mix and match many kinds of clothes with one of your friend (each group consist of two people). And so, I asked a friend of mine who has the same passion and interest in fashion as mine whether she would join me. And she said YES! I was ALL EXCITED about it! I finally take part in a competition! And omg how I LOVE FASHION! So I started filling out the form last week, began to mix and matching some clothes on www.looklet.com  with her. 

Here's our work. Theme : Be sexy and Spirited with Your Blazer


We were sooo thrilled! We considered the name of our group and we finally came up with an idea, 'Head Over Heels'. Actually we thought about some names like FABULOUS, EDGY, SPOTLIGHT, CHIC, NOIR ET BLANC, etc etc. hahaha it was a lot of FUN! We were so excited back then. We prepared everything, and then we emailed our work, and waited for the result. Couple of days later we received an email that has the subject "CONGRATULATION!"!!!! we were like, WHAAATTT?!? We squealed like crazy! We didn't see it coming! We're actually one of the contestants!

And then... Here's what happened. The day after, I got informed by my group in Character Development class that we will do our service learning project on the exact same day as the styling contest. APRIL 8th ...... 

How great was that? I've prepared for everything, I want this SO FREAKIN BAD, it's a big deal for me and suddenly KAPUT! My dream shattered just like that.. It's like someone just kicked me to the ground and I don't have the will to get up at all. Plus, the fact that many other people didn't get the chance to take part in the competition seems to sadden me even more. It means that me and my friend are one of the chosen ones T.T fyi they selected 16 people.

The thing is, this service learning project is for my Character Development final exam. So basically there's no way out of it. There's nothing I can do about it. Maybe it's the matter of priority. I finally chose to go with them. My friends were sorry about this and I told them it's fine. Well actually I was aching inside. Well, it's not anyone's fault. I got no one to blame. It's just bad timing that's all.

Actually the service learning thing doesn't have to be done today, but we couldn't find any other day more suitable because we got deadlines that we had trouble arranging our schedule.  

So that's it. That's why I hate Liberal Arts so bad. Every time I wanna do something, they always come in my way. Well, shit happens for a reason. Or so I thought.. or so I hope.. whatever.

I just hope that Elle Magz would come again someday to my univ and make another styling contest anytime soon that would be great =)

No comments:

Post a Comment