Monday 8 September 2014

Book Review: Unwind by Neal Shusterman

5 Twisted stars!



This book. Is not perfect. Then why the 5 star? Let me tell ya. Mr. Shusterman here, is an evil genius. He's managed to create a twisted world full of twisted people  with a twisted mind and behaviour. Twisted. And I love me a twisted story. I love me a twisted characters. Call me a psycho :p

So. I think, the only thing that bothers me the most is the romance. The romance is just. Awkward. That's the best way to put it I guess. Their convos weren't awkward. It's just that the way it was developed. The next thing we know, they kissed. They just.. Kissed. And then the chapter ends abruptly. I got the impression that Shusterman didn't have much time to think about the romance plot. He focused on the whole other things. Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying it was bad. In fact, it's exactly my point. I just think that the romance aspect was treated like he didn't know what else to do about it so here it goes. It would be better if there wasn't any romance at all, for me personally. (though I love to see them together they're such strong characters and they kinda complete each other.)

But HECK.

This book ROCKS. This book will change you. You will think about life. It's mind fuck, really. You will question everything. I was emotionally drained. It will touch you. You will be symphatetic toward ALL of the characters. Even for the bad guy. Just read this book it was BRILLIANT. It was so realistic that I actually think we actually live in that twisted world. This book is not just about survival. It's about love, choices, decision, compassion, moral, and any other things.

The switch between POVs did not bother me at all. It was handled so perfectly well. I know a lot of other reviewers found it annoying. But I just think that it was really necessary. And it makes us easy to understand what is going on through several POVs.

so this is basically me when reading this book.


BEWARE MINOR SPOILERS!



When Lev decides to leave Connor and Lisa







When Roland corners Risa in the bathroom







When Connor and Risa kiss








oh hiya there Hayden! 








When Roland tells the juvey-cop about everything







I mean.. srsly?








Then (to avoid spoilers I'm not telling you who exactly gets to be... you know...)






I mean..









When ...(intentionally left blank)... is injured and gets a transplant







and AND can you guess that 'part of body' belongs to whom?









dat ending...






Just.. read this book..

Tha
;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment