Here are some of the movies (in no particular order) that worth your every penny and I think it's a shame to miss it. (note: I still haven't watched so many movies like, Hugo, Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, Moneyball, 50/50,etc. but I'll write this one first).
1. X-Men First Class--This movie is almost perfect in every aspect. great visual effect, plot, actors. it's pretty much about the relationship between Prof Xavier and Eric Lensherr (Magneto). they were like brothers once, but because of their different opinions and different way on how they see things, they became rivals. such a shame really ='( Fassbender and McAvoy did such a great job on developing their character's relationship that it feels such a shame to let the relationship crumbles just like that.
2. Jane Eyre--Without a doubt, this movie is the best drama of the year. adapted from the famous british classic novel written by Charlotte Bronte, Jane Eyre is a plain, obscured, and intelligent young woman that seems to catch her master's attention, the self-destructive, full of secrets, arrogant, intimidating and handsome Mr. Rochester. Cary Fukunaga succeeded on making the gloomy atmosphere that surrounds the entire movie. the dark version of Jane Eyre, it got a little taste of eeriness inside.
3. Mission: Impossible, The Ghost Protocol--I'm not a fan of the Mission Impossible franchise, but I have to admit, this one is really good. a non-stop action movie that is full of awesome stunts we haven't seen before that will leave the audience hold their breath. just WOW. Love the Dubai scene where Tom Cruise had to climb the tallest building in the world with just a glove for both hands. that's just, well... high.
4. Drive--Many of my friends don't like this movie, for me personally, I like this movie. a lot. maybe some of you find it boring. the movie isn't anywhere near the non-stop action Mission Impossible, it's the contrary. this is a slow-paced movie. some of the scenes are really quiet sometimes and it just feels right. the director really knows what he's doing. Ryan Gosling is perfect for the role too. we can't really predict when the driver's gonna make some violence. he has this soft side and this sadistic side of him. he looks freakin badass and gentle sometimes. Badass quote:
Driver: If I drive for you, you get your money. That's a guarantee. Tell me where we start, where we're going and where we're going afterwards, I give you five minutes when you get there. Anything happens in that five minutes and I'm yours, no matter what. Anything a minute either side of that and you're on your own. I don't sit in while you're running it down. I don't carry a gun. I drive.
5. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2--well, this one is just. epic.
p.s: this scene made me cried my eyes out I don't know why.
well, I guess those are the top 5 movies in 2011 that are really such a shame if you guys miss it =)